I've read through the book and was unable to find a solution to this
problem. Currently, my query looks like this:

(+description_short:white +description_short:hard
+description_short:hat) (+description_long:white +description_long:hard
+description_long:hat)

using a MultiFieldQueryParser and setting the default operator to AND.

Code:
String[] fields = {"description_short", "description_long"};
MultiFieldQueryParser queryParser = new MultiFieldQueryParser(fields,
new StandardAnalyzer());
queryParser.setDefaultOperator(QueryParser.AND_OPERATOR);
Query query2 = queryParser.parse(line);

Is there a way to do create a query that does this:

(+description_short:white* +description_short:hard*
+description_short:hat*) (+description_long:white*
+description_long:hard* +description_long:hat*)

Van Nguyen
Wynne Systems, Inc.
19800 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 900
Irvine, CA 92612-2421
949.224.6300 ext 223
949.225.6540 (fax)
866.901.9284 (toll-free)
www.wynnesystems.com
<blocked::blocked::blocked::blocked::http://www.wynnesystems.com/>

This communication and any documents, files, or previous electronic mail messages attached to it constitute
an electronic communication within the scope of the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 USCA 2510.
This communication may contain non-public, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the
sole use of the designated recipient(s). The unlawful interception, use or disclosure of such information is
strictly prohibited under 18 USCA 2511 and any applicable laws.

groupjava-user @
categorieslucene
postedMay 19, '06 at 12:49a
activeMay 19, '06 at 2:55a