From: gwithers@connected.com
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 8:55 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Searchable Solutions Please

A quick pointer..

What you want to look at is using a stemming implementation. Look, for
example, at the FAQ and docs related to the PorterStemFilter and writing
A customer analyzer
(http://lucene.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/faq/faqmanager.cgi?file=chapter.index
ing&toc=faq#q17).

There is a lot of information regarding this but you'll need the same
analyzer for index and query and this would be more or less English only.

-George