Hello,

We are facing the following problem frequently while creating the Lucene

Exception luceneSearchjava.io.FileNotFoundException:

TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/toto/index/idb/_565.f3 (Too many open files)

Due to the above problem, the server is becoming inactive and we can not
use the webapp
till we restart the server.

some times during this process problem we also get a write.lock file at
index root.

Details:

Server: Tomcat

Database: Mysql

Number of webapps: 20

Number of JAR's in webapp lib: 8

Mergefactor = 10 -> Earlier it was 20 and we reduced it to 10 still we are
facing the same problem.

Operating System: Linux

If any one has nay solution this problem please let me know....

MAHESH