Von: ambiesense@gmx.de
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2003 15:13
An: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Probabilistic Model in Lucene - possible?

Hello group,

from the very inspiring conversations with Karsten I know that Lucene is based on a Vector Space Model. I am just wondering if it would be possible to turn this into a probabilistic Model approach. Of course I do know that I cannot change the underlying indexing and searching principles. However it would be possible to change the index term weight to eigther 1.0 (relevant) or 0.0 (non-relevant). For the similarity I would need to implement another similarity algorithm.

I would highly appreciate it if the experts here (especially Karsten or
Chong) look at my idea and tell me if this would be possible. If yes, how much effort would need to go into that? I am sure there are many other issues which I have not considered...

Kind Regards,
Ralf