Dan,

I don't have an answer to this question, unfortunately, but just wanted
to say that we'd really love to see a better API for this too. :)

Regards,
Matt

Armbrust, Daniel C. wrote:
Is there a (better) way that I can use to figure out which field in a document caused the document to be returned from a query? Currently, after I do a search across all of my fields and documents, I am researching on each document that had a hit, on each field individually, and keeping track of the scores.. The highest scoring field is the one that I credit with returning the document.

This is fine for a small index, with a small number of fields, but it definitely doesn't seem like the correct way to go about getting this information.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Dan