De : Otis Gospodnetic
Envoye : mercredi 5 juin 2002 00:23
A : Lucene Users List
Objet : Re: lucene and java naming conventions

Dario,

Yes, we may improve coding style over time, but there are no plans for
doing that in the immediate future. I know, it's not ideal, so we all
have to get used to those few exceptions.

Otis

--- Dario Novakovic wrote:

i noticed that some method names in lucene start with upercase, and
it is
realy confusing for me because i allways think it is some inner
classes.
java naming convention suggest that method names starts with
lowercase and
lucene is my first source code expirience that oposes naming
conventions.
i don't want to teach developers how to code, i just want to ask is
there
any reasons for that and to suggest them to consider changes to
source code
to comply with conventions.

thanks

dario