Grokbase Groups Lucene dev July 2013
Two more questions :

1. How much of the original Luke.java has yet to be modularised?

2. What are the new APIs in Lucene 4.1 and 4.2 that need immediate
attention to be updated?

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM, Ajay Bhat wrote:

Hi all,

The most pressing issue is that I need a mentor for this project by
Wednesday, 17th July 2013 if I'm to do it for the ASF-ICFOSS program [1].
Currently I've not found any mentors. Would anyone here please consent to
be a mentor for this project so I can include you in my proposal?

For the project I've decided to use Apache Pivot and familiarize myself
with it, going throught the tutorials ASAP

There's some more questions I have:

1. The original version by Andrzej [2] I have checked out in Eclipse but I
can't run it. It's all under mainly a huge Luke.java file. Just want to
check that the UI is same as that in the sandboxed version in Lucene.

2. There are various plugins that require Luke.java to be imported. But
there's also a Shell.java plugin [3] that doesn't need any import needed.
Does this mean it can be ported directly or is it kept for future
improvement? If its the latter I guess a CMD Interface suggested by Jack
Krupansky could be implemented using this class.

[1] http://community.apache.org/mentoringprogramme-icfoss-pilot.html

[2] https://code.google.com/p/luke/

[3] org.getopt.luke.plugins.Shell