Hi Uwe:
I just download latest 2.9.2 from an Apache mirror (src.zip version)
and I found that at common-build.xml file version string is defined
as:

<property name="dev.version" value="2.9.2-dev"/>
<property name="spec.version" value="${version}"/>

Is this right or should be 2.9.2?
I am using this string when build a new Lucene Domain Index distribution file.
Best regards, Marcelo.