Function: adjective
Date: circa 1564
1 a: making attack : aggressive b: of, relating to, or designed for
attack <offensive weapons> c: of or relating to an attempt to score
in a game or contest ; also : of or relating to a team in possession
of the ball or puck
2: giving painful or unpleasant sensations : nauseous , obnoxious <an
offensive odor>
3: causing displeasure or resentment <offensive remarks>
— of·fen·sive·ly adverb
— of·fen·sive·ness noun