robert engels wrote:
Can something be offensive if its a statement of fact ? If you believe
it is (under definition #3), then his remarks to me were just as
offensive - as they caused me much displeasure and resentment. So please
dress him down as well.
His comments were on-topic. The topic of this list is Lucene, not its
contributors or users. As I said before, ad hominem remarks are not
acceptable. We do not demand that everyone equally understand every
issue, otherwise there would be little to discuss.

Some folks may find some things offensive. There's often little we can
do about that. It's certainly no excuse to start making ad hominem
statements. An important technique here is to respond to things you
find offensive in a polite manner, or not at all.

Thanks,

Doug