I'm a Lucene for java's user. Now I'm exciting to see the Lucene4C. As I
know before, there's another project named CLucene. That project is using
CPP that I'm not good at it. Lucene4c is another good choice for me. But
when I review the current svn, I found there were most of .cxx,.hxx files.
Although in these files, I found the main part is implemented in "extern
"C"" part. But I see "using ...". Does ansi C have name space concept now?
I'm afraid that project will try to be compatiable for both C and C++
because many features will be implemented like cpp that will be strange from
my view point.
I don't think C grammar is not a burden to build a high quality project,
do you think so?
And the last question is if the project is active. I've seen that project
since last year but now it's almost the same like the one last year. What
kind of help do you need? Maybe I can have some shots on it.

Yueyu Lin

groupc-dev @
categorieslucene
postedFeb 24, '06 at 9:28a
activeFeb 24, '06 at 6:35p
websitelucene.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Garrett Rooney: 1 post Yueyu lin: 1 post