So I'm trying to plan out the next week or two of development work for
Lucene4c, with the goal being getting it to the point where it can
actually be used for something other than playing around.

I think there are three major steps remaining.

1) Flesh out searcher and hits interfaces, so applications can use
something approaching the interface they'll eventually get. Most of
this is going to be a rather thin layer over the scorer code, since
until the scorer can actually calculate scores it does little good to
try to rank hits.

2) Build a query parser, so that applications don't need to manually
build up query objects. This will almost certainly be a minimalistic
parser, but it'll be enough to start using it.

3) Actually make the scorers calculate scores, and then make the
searcher use them to rank hits.

What do people think? If I can get those knocked off would it be enough
for people to actually start making use of Lucene4c for something?

-garrett

groupc-dev @
categorieslucene
postedMar 4, '05 at 4:01p