Grokbase Groups Kafka users June 2016
Note, however, that a load balancer can be useful for bootstrapping
purposes, i.e. use it for the bootstrap.servers setting to have a single
consistent value for the setting but allow the broker list to change over
time. From there, as Tom says, it'll start using broker hostnames and
automatically target the specific brokers it needs to communicate with.

-Ewen