Grokbase Groups Hive user May 2012

I put mysql-connector-java-5.1.20-bin.jar into $HIVE_HOME/lib, and configurations in hive-site.xml are
<property>
<name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
<value>jdbc:mysql://192.168.72.1:3306/hive</value>
<description>JDBC connect string for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
<value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
<description>Driver class name for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>
<value>root</value>
<description>username to use against metastore database</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
<value>xiaobo</value>
<description>password to use against metastore database</description>
</property>

When I execute a test HQL in hive, got the following error message:

hive> CREATE TABLE records (year STRING, temperature INT, quality INT)
ROW FORMAT DELIMITED
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t';
FAILED: Error in metadata: MetaException(message:Could not connect to meta store using any of the URIs provided)
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
hive>

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedMay 12, '12 at 7:38a