From: Thulasi Ram Naidu Peddineni
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:59 AM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Reg: Map joins in hive

-----
Regards,
Thulasi Ram P

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thulasi Ram Naidu Peddineni <thulasiram333@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 11:21 PM
To: dev@hive.apache.org, user@hive.apache.org

Hi,
I have a huge table x (~150M records and ~5GB) with one partition and another table (~200 records and <10KB). I want to join both these tables and thought MapJoin is perfect optimization for this. However, my job log says..

Total MapReduce jobs = 2

Mapred Local Task Succeeded . Convert the Join into MapJoin

Launching Job 1 out of 2

Number of reduce tasks is set to 0 since there's no reduce operator

and then it is stuck at this point of time for a long time. Can you some explain what could be happening here ?

-----
Thanks,
Thulasi Ram P

groupuser @