Grokbase Groups Hive user July 2011
I have a table, which has close to a billion rows.. I am trying to
create an index for the table, when I do the alter command, I always end up
with map-reduce jobs with errors. The same runs fine for small tables
though, I also notice that the number of reducers are set to 24, even if set
manually to 1 and also the reduce percentage changes in a bizarre way, it
increases, then decreases and finally reaches 100 with a message job ended
with errors. It would be useful, if I can get help on this..

Thanks,
Siddharth

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedJul 28, '11 at 8:20p
activeAug 5, '11 at 10:02p
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Siddharth Ramanan: 4 posts Shouguo Li: 1 post