Grokbase Groups Hive user May 2011
afaik there is nothing like that currently. File a feature for this on the JIRA?

Ashish
On May 19, 2011, at 2:25 AM, Jasper Knulst wrote:

Hi,

I have a partitioned external table on Hive 0.7. New subfolders are regularly added to the base table HDFS folder.
I now have to perform this scan myself and let an external tool create new partitions by generating and firing ALTER TABLE ADD PARTITION commands.

Is there an easier way to have hive scan the base table folder to see if there are any new partitions around? Something like REBUILD PARTITIONS perhaps??

Couldn't find anything similar on the Hive/LanguageManual/DDL

--
Kind Regards

Jasper

groupuser @