Grokbase Groups Hive user April 2011
Hi Sreekanth,

Thank you very much for your clarification. Setting the max task limits on
queues will work but can we do something on the max user limit? Is it
pre-emptible also? We are exploring about the possibility of running the
queries with different users for capacity scheduler to maximize the use of
the resources.

Basically, our goal is to maximize the resources (mappers and reducers)
while providing a fair share to the short tasks while a big task is running.
How do you normally achieve hat?

Thanks,
Rosanna