I have a Hadoop 0.20 cluster with Hive 0.6.
I want to try out the ngrams functions in 0.7 (trunk) and so want to
upgrade.

What would you recommend. Can I have a Hive 0.7 install in a different
location (for trial) and point it to the same cluster.
If not, is there an upgrade utility?

I am not concerned about existing tables. I just want to make sure I can run
Hive 0.6 and Hive 0.7 side by side.

Regards
Gokul