From: Andraz Tori
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:02 AM
To: hive-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: using get_json_object with explode/lateral view

Hi,

I am trying to explode or lateral view on a list that is returned by
get_jsonb_object, something along these lines:

select explode(get_json_object(jsonblob, '$.output_dict.articles.url'))
as url from sometable;

I get:
FAILED: Error in semantic analysis: explode() takes an array as a
parameter

The trick is that what get_json_object returns is an array (or is it a
string representation of an array?)

a) how to do it?

b) any chance for explode to produce enumeration too (so I'd get two
variables out of each entry - url and position)

[I hope this is not a duplicate message, mail program trouble]

--
Andraz Tori, CTO
Zemanta Ltd, New York, London, Ljubljana

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedJun 30, '10 at 3:57p
activeJun 30, '10 at 6:17p