Grokbase Groups Hive user June 2010
Most of my Hadoop data is produced by Java MR jobs that store data as
custom Writable pairs in SequenceFiles. I'm excited to bring that
data into a Hive table so that I can start building out and
prototyping more derived analytics. Can anyone point me towards a
relevant example? Since I'm just getting started I've begun with
hive-0.5.0. Thus far I've started with the RegexSerDe example and
tried to whittle it down a bit to make it into what I want but I'm
lacking context.

Since I'm not trying to take data and write it it back into these
SequenceFiles, I only need to implement the Deserializer interface,
right?

How do I tell Hive that the underlying data InputFormat is a
SequenceFile? What's the relationship between the Writable that
arrives as the parameter to the deserialize function and the contents
of the underlying SequenceFile?

regards, Andrew

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedJun 6, '10 at 6:45p
activeJun 6, '10 at 8:24p
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Ning Zhang: 1 post Andrew Rothstein: 1 post