Grokbase Groups Hive user June 2010
Hi Andrew,

You can specify that your input data is stored in SequenceFile by defining an external table stored as SequenceFile.

create external table T (a int, b double) stored as SequenceFile;

assuming that the custom Writable pair are IntWritable and DoubleWritable respectively. Hive also support array, struct and map types for fields. So you may not need to write your own Deserializer.

Ning