Grokbase Groups Hive user June 2010
Hey guys,

We have a very simple JDBC client that uses the Hive JDBC driver to execute
queries. We are trying to use it to execute a simple "create temporary
function ..." statement, but Hive is throwing the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: Query returned non-zero
code: 9, cause: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FunctionTask
at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeQuery(HiveStatement.java:173)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:115)
at HiveJdbcClient.main(HiveJdbcClient.java:31)

A simple "ADD FILE ..." works just fine, as well as other queries. This is
using Hive 0.5.

Thanks,
Ryan

groupuser @