Zheng Shao wrote:
WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ('input.regex'='(\\w+) (\\w+) (\\w+)
(\\w+)\\t(\\w+) (\\w+) (\\w+)')

The reason for double backslash is that Hive string constant will take
one level of escaping, and the regular expression will take another level.

Please let us know where you see the 'regex'='...' syntax. It's
outdated. We need to update it.

Zheng
I really wish I had just made all the columns tab separated =/
Thanks for the regexp, it now correctly parses the file.

Question, RegexSerDe only works with string columns so I had to use
strings for my columns
even though they are all numbers. What are the implications of this? Is
there a performance
penalty?

Also I notice that the file used to load the table in HDFS no longer
exists after I issue the
LOAD DATA INPATH command. Is this expected? Is there some way to get
around this?

thanks
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Mayuran Yogarajah