Grokbase Groups Hive user March 2009
It takes forever, you want to bulk load them or have an aggregator
pull them all out, append them, and overwrite them all back in.

Josh F.
On Mar 22, 2009, at 4:24 PM, Suhail Doshi wrote:

Zheng,

Do you know if hive may have problems going through *lots* of log
files (each 1 MB large). I remember reading about how hadoop
sometimes has problems dealing with lots of small files due to the
default block size it reads.

Suhail