From: hive-users-bounces@publists.facebook.com [hive-users-bounces@publists.facebook.com] On Behalf Of tim robertson [timrobertson100@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 5:42 AM
To: hive-users@publists.facebook.com
Subject: [hive-users] Load data local infile syntax?

Hi All,

I am looking to load in data from a local filesystem:

hive> CREATE TABLE occurrence_record(id INT, scientific_name STRING,
kingdom STRING, phylum STRING, class STRING, order_rank STRING, family
STRING, genus STRING, basis_of_record INT, occurrence_date STRING,
latitude STRING, longitude STRING) ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS
TERMINATED BY '\t';
OK
Time taken: 0.36 seconds
hive> load data LOCAL INFILE '/tmp/pumaConcolor.txt' into table test_1
fields terminated by '\t';
FAILED: Parse Error: line 1:16 mismatched input 'INFILE' expecting KW_INPATH

Time taken: 0.0030 seconds
hive>

Can someone please point me to the syntax?
I am using the (Hive distribution that is prebuilt) downloaded
yesterday and just reading from the tutorial.

Many thanks,

Tim