Grokbase Groups Hive dev October 2010
Since the release vote passed, I've gone ahead and moved the tag from candidate to release, and then copied the release binaries to the distribution directory. According to the instructions, those will take about 24 hours to propagate to all mirrors.

Ed, I think you mentioned in IRC that you are going to work on updating http://hive.apache.org? Besides the releases/news, we should get rid of references to Hive as a Hadoop subproject. (For the bar at the top, I checked Pig and HBase, and they still have Hadoop logo and nav menu, so I guess we can leave that for now.) We should also update the mailing list addresses (but leave the wiki URL alone for now). Let me know whether you're going to take care of these or you want me to.

Carl, as release manager, can you send out the release announcement once everything is ready? I'll be at ApacheCon US next week in Atlanta and will be spreading the word on the release there.

JVS

groupdev @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedOct 26, '10 at 11:40p
activeOct 28, '10 at 6:36p
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

John Sichi: 2 posts Carl Steinbach: 2 posts