Andrea

Looks like you might have to consider creating the table using pre splits..
In order to split the load to all the region servers, you have to decide
the key splits and use the splits while creating the table. You can use
hbase shell command to specify the splits.

Pre split regions shows very good performance for hbase load with YCSB..

Thanks and regards
Vinay Kashyap