Grokbase Groups HBase user July 2011
Hi there-

You probably want to read this...

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#performance

As you've already noticed, going with regions smaller than the default
isn't a good idea for large/large-ish tables.

On 7/14/11 2:49 PM, "Mayuresh" wrote:

Hi,

We have a hbase + hadoop setup that we have. Its 10 machines cluster.

In my earlier tests we had the default region size (256M) and the
insertion
of 10,000,000 rows into hbase table took around 23 minutes. For the new
tests, I changed the region size to 128 M. Now the insertions are going
extremely slow. Infact its been a couple of hours now and the insertions
have still not completed yet. Any idea how I can improve the performance?
Is
there any configuration setting that I am missing?

Thanks,
Mayuresh

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop