Grokbase Groups HBase user June 2011
Thanks, Andy, we will try that.
-Andreas.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Andrew Purtell wrote:

From: Andreas Neumann <neunand@gmail.com>
Actually I want compactions
Fair enough but this doesn't involve META or append, I mentioned it as an
aside.
think I also want splits, because the data is going to grow
over time.
Examine that assumption. If you have sufficient distribution of
preallocated regions over the cluster (according to the space of keys of the
application) then the accumulation of additional regions will probably just
make things slower.

Anyway...
Regarding the alternative HLog implementation, yes I was
thinking of writing and closing the file for every WAL write.
But if the only writes are caused by tables structure changes
such as splits and reassignment
Modify HLog code to always roll after a META edit and you should be good.

- Andy

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJun 22, '11 at 9:59p