Grokbase Groups HBase user May 2011
Hey all,

Running into a situation where I'm trying to use MiniHBaseCluster to test
operations against a table with LZO compression enabled. I have a set of
unit tests that exercise certain capabilities, but the moment I use LZO it
fails. I know exactly that it is that it cannot find the
nativegplcompression (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gplcompression in
java.library.path), but I'm not seeing how to add it into the path using
Maven.

I've installed the LZO libraries for Mac as described at
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/hadoop-gpl-compression/wiki/FAQ?redir=1

I've tried adding the java.library.path into the pom as such:
<plugin>
<configuration>
<systemProperties>
<property>
<name>java.library.path</name>

<value>/Users/tynt/apps/hadoop/lib/native/Mac_OS_X-x86_64-64/</value>
</property>
</systemProperties>
</configuration>
</plugin>

(I've also tried all sorts of combinations of the pathing with and without
the Mac_OS_X...)

When the MiniHBaseCluster starts up Zookeeper reports that it sees the path
INFO server.ZooKeeperServer: Server
environment:java.library.path=/Users/tynt/apps/hadoop/lib/native/Mac_OS_X-x86_64-64/

But as it gets to the meat of the operation it fails.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gplcompression in java.library.path
11/05/25 14:57:07 ERROR lzo.LzoCodec: Cannot load native-lzo without
native-hadoop
11/05/25 14:57:07 ERROR handler.OpenRegionHandler: Failed open of
region=Base,,1306357026963.cbb568b5b264caafca3b9e0121ccdca8.
java.io.IOException: java.lang.RuntimeException: native-lzo library not
available
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: native-lzo library not available

I'd like to be able to put tests with my LZO enabled table. Suggestions?

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedMay 25, '11 at 9:09p
activeMay 25, '11 at 10:15p