Grokbase Groups HBase user April 2011
I'd suspect you will find a region server without LZO enabled. I actually
saw this today. It seems to create in the shell but never completes.

I'd do (in hbase shell) status 'detailed' and see if there are any dead
servers. Then take a look at the hbase logs. I suspect you'll see a stack
trace about can't find LZO in the classpath.

Do you have any other tables successfully enabled with LZO?

BTW - we fixed this by putting lzo in the hbase/lib directory and
restarting. To make things easy we just dropped and recreated the table.

HTH

-Matt

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Jonathan Bender