Hello Hari:

On disable and enable in 0.20.x HBase, please see
http://search-hadoop.com/m/vxWxh2tSLzw/table+disable&subj=Re+Regions+assigned+multiple+times+after+disabling+table

Scan your '.META.' table. See if any region entries for the table you
tried remove. My guess is that there are still regions hanging out.
You might have to remove them by hand.

Update to 0.90.x if you need reliable enable/disable.

St.Ack

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Hari Sreekumar