I had a table 'Keyword' a while back which I tried to disable. I tried
multiple times but I always got the error "It is taking too long to disable
the table". (or something like that.). Anyways, after a while I tried the
list command in shell and the table did not show up. So I tried to create
it. Now I am in s strange situation wherein if I try to create the table, I
get a TableExistsException, and if I try to disable/drop the table, I get
the TableNotFoundException

hbase(main):018:0> disable 'Keyword'
NativeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: NwKeyword

hbase(main):019:0> enable 'Keyword'
NativeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: NwKeyword

hbase(main):020:0> truncate 'Keyword'
NativeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: NwKeyword

hbase(main):021:0> create 'Keyword', 'Data'
NativeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableExistsException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableExistsException: Keyword
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.createTable(HMaster.java:798)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.createTable(HMaster.java:762)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source)
at
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC$Server.call(HBaseRPC.java:657)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:915)

Any ideas on why this is happening and how I can work around this?

Thanks,
Hari

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop