Grokbase Groups HBase user July 2010
Dear all,

I've installed HBase from the Cloudera repository, using the
karmic-cdh3 distribution, which evidently gives me hbase version
0.89.20100621+17. I'm particularly interested in creating a few
secondary indexes and was initially using the following blog as an
example: (http://rajeev1982.blogspot.com/2009/06/secondary-indexes-in-hbase.html).
Various classes used in this example no longer appear to exist and
having investigated a bit further, by comparing the API docs for
0.20.5 and 0.89.20100621, it looks like those packages were removed.
I'm guessing that the HBase Versioning page is still correct in that
new features are being actively developed on the 0.89 branch and the
0.20 branch is the stable release version.

Have those classes been superseded by something else? I did find, in
the package page for org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client
(http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.89.20100621/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/package-frame.html)
a link at the bottom called 'Table Indexed HBase', but it is broken.
I'd rather not go through the pain of trying to create something
similar myself, or have to re-install my cluster from scratch, and by
hand with a downloaded version of the 0.20.5 branch. However, if thats
the only answer then I suppose it'll have to be!

Thanks,

Jamie

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop