hi ishwar,
I read that zookeeper needs a simple majority to recover from failures.
So is 2 same as 1 as far as recovery goes?
Yes. When they lost contact with other (e.g. by a network disruption),
they both stop serving because they can't say "I'm in the majority."

Does it help in load balancing.
I don't find a clear answer for this in ZK documents, but I found this
JIRA says "Clients randomly connect to a server, which typically
balances the number of sessions", so the answer should be yes.

If 1 of 2  goes down , does it affect the hbase tables? i,e if i install a new
zoo keeper server (replace) can i recover the tables?
When ZK ensemble becomes unavailable, HBase master and region servers
think they are disconnected from the HBase cluster, so they shutdown
gracefully. You shouldn't loose any data by this, but you have to
start the HBase cluster again once ZK ensemble becomes available.

Tatsuya Kawano (Mr.)
Tokyo, Japan

I am setting up a simple hbase system. I currently have a 2 node
clsuter server for
the zookeeper servers ...

I read that zookeeper needs a simple majority to recover from failures.
So is 2 same as 1 as far as recovery goes? Does it help in load balancing.

If 1 of 2  goes down , does it affect the hbase tables? i,e if i install a new
zoo keeper server (replace) can i recover the tables?

thanks
ishwar

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop