Zookeeper is a 2N+1 system. 2 nodes is the same as 1, a single
failure will take the system offline. You will need to deploy at
least 3 nodes to get protection from 1 recovery. 3 to 5 nodes is a
typical deployment scenario.

If ZK goes down, you can expect a complete crash of hbase, which can
potentially lose data due to not having HDFS-265. So you don't want
that.

If you dont have many nodes, running ZK 1 node on the master/namenode
is probably fine. IF that node crashes, you'll be having HDFS
problems anyways :-)

-ryan