there's a twitter a/c purely for Infrastrucure announcements: @infrabot
which gives status on things like this...

On 29 January 2014 01:54, Andrew Purtell wrote:

We seem to be experiencing another extended JIRA outage in the middle of
the workday in my timezone. As far as I can tell there is at least one
unresolved critical issue (HBASE-10436). Also, I have several commits I
can't finish because as of now I can't pull patches from JIRA to apply.
Hopefully we can wrap this all up, and I can tag RC1 and generate the
artifacts tomorrow.

--
Best regards,

- Andy