Grokbase Groups HBase dev June 2011
Hi! I am new to HBase development and tried running unit tests after
checking out HBase trunk. I am see'ing the following failures (pasted
below).

Is there any setup required before running the unit test? For example, do I
need to start zoo-keeper cluster manually before running the tests?

Thanks

-Rakesh

rakesh@ubuntu:~/Hbasewrk/hbase-core-trunk$ mvn test
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building HBase
[INFO] task-segment: [test]
[INFO]
[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: generate}]
[INFO] Executing tasks
...[snipped]
Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.coprocessor.TestCoprocessorInterface
Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.849 sec
<<< FAILURE!
Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestZooKeeper
Tests run: 7, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 453.877 sec
....[snipped]
Tests run: 11, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.56 sec
Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.TestHQuorumPeer
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.182 sec
Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestSplitTransactionOnCluster
killed.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error while executing forked tests.; nested exception is
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.shade.org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineException:
Error while executing external command, process killed.

Process timeout out after 900 seconds

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJun 5, '11 at 10:58p