Grokbase Groups HBase dev April 2010

I have an issue where I do bulk import and since WAL is off and a
default write buffer used (TableOutputFormat) I am running into
situations where the MR job completes successfully but not all data is
actually restored. The issue seems to be a failure on the RS side as
it cannot flush the write buffers because the MR overloads the cluster
(usually the .META: hosting RS is the breaking point) or causes the
underlying DFS to go slow and that repercussions all the way up to the
RS's.

My question is, would it make sense as with any other asynchronous IO
to return a Future from the put() that will help checking the status
of the actual server side async flush operation? Or am I misguided
here? Please advise.

Lars

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop