From: Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org>
Date: January 27, 2009 6:15:25 AM PST
Subject: [ANN] Registration for ApacheCon Europe 2009 is now open!

PMC moderators - please forward the below to any appropriate dev@ or
users@ lists so your larger community can hear about ApacheCon
Europe. Remember, ACEU09 has scheduled sessions spanning the breadth
of the ASF's projects, subprojects, and podlings, including at
least: ActiveMQ, SerivceMix, CXF, Axis2, Hadoop, Felix, Sling,
Maven, Struts, Roller, Shindig, Geronimo, Lucene, Solr, BSF, Mina,
Directory, Tomcat, httpd, Mahout, Bayeux, CouchDB, AntUnit,
Jackrabbit, Archiva, Wicket, POI, Pig, Synapse, Droids, Continuum.

ApacheCon EU 2009 registration is now open!
23-27 March -- Mövenpick Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
http://www.eu.apachecon.com/
================================

Registration for ApacheCon Europe 2009 is now open - act before early
bird prices expire 6 February. Remember to book a room at the
Mövenpick
and use the Registration Code: Special package attendees for the
conference registration, and get 150 Euros off your full conference
registration.

Lower Costs - Thanks to new VAT tax laws, our prices this year are 19%
lower than last year in Europe! We've also negotiated a Mövenpick
rate
of a maximum of 155 Euros per night for attendees in our room block.

Quick Links:

http://xrl.us/aceu09sp See the schedule
http://xrl.us/aceu09hp Get your hotel room
http://xrl.us/aceu09rp Register for the conference

Other important notes:

- Geeks for Geeks is a new mini-track where we can feature advanced
technical content from project committers. And our Hackathon on
Monday
and Tuesday is open to all attendees - be sure to check it off in your
registration.

- The Call for Papers for ApacheCon US 2009, held 2-6 November
2009 in Oakland, CA, is open through 28 February, so get your
submissions in now. This ApacheCon will feature special events with
some of the ASF's original founders in celebration of the 10th
anniversary of The Apache Software Foundation.

http://www.us.apachecon.com/c/acus2009/

- Interested in sponsoring the ApacheCon conferences? There are
plenty
of sponsor packages available - please contact Delia Frees at
delia@apachecon.com for further information.

ApacheCon EU 2008: A week of Open Source at it's best!

Hackathon - open to all! | Geeks for Geeks | Lunchtime Sessions
In-Depth Trainings | Multi-Track Sessions | BOFs | Business Panel
Lightning Talks | Receptions | Fast Feather Track | Expo... and more!

- Shane Curcuru, on behalf of
Noirin Shirley, Conference Lead,
and the whole ApacheCon Europe 2009 Team
http://www.eu.apachecon.com/ 23-27 March -- Amsterdam, Netherlands

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJan 27, '09 at 4:36p