On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:36 PM, stack wrote:
Bruce Williams wrote:
My understanding, which may be faulty, is the option works until a
column is modified and then it fails in a difficult-to-fix manner. The
jira hints that the issue could impact how clients, such as ZooKeeper,
function as well as HBase.
HBase shouldn't NPE. If bloomfilters are enabled on a table where before
there were none, the table should just evolve gracefully adding the filters
as it runs (Same should happen when they are disabled; any filters should be
gradually disposed-of).
I will continue to dig, but coming up to speed on the HBase
implementation will take my time short term, can someone comment on
the "client issues"?
Keep asking questions if it'll maximize the time you have for hbase.

Please expand on what you mean by 'client' issues in the above.

Thanks,
St.Ack
Thanks, St. Ack

Bloom Filter Code has been moved from HBase to Hadoop Core?

Updated patch. This patch imports the Bloom filter classes into
org.apache.hadoop.util.bloom, and adds a notice to LICENSE.txt.
[ Show » ]
Andrzej Bialecki - 29/Mar/08 02:50 PM Updated patch. This patch
imports the Bloom filter classes into org.apache.hadoop.util.bloom,
and adds a notice to LICENSE.txt.

Doug Cutting and Owen O'Malley think we should remove the code from
HBase and use the Hadoop code.

We have https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-553 to remove the
code from HBase.

Comment?

Bruce

--

"Discovering...discovering...we will never cease discovering...
and the end of all our discovering will be

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedNov 23, '08 at 8:32p
activeDec 2, '08 at 11:34p