Hi Alan,

You don't need to do this complex trickery if you write <Object,Text> to the
Sequence File. How do you create the Sequence File? In your case it might
make sense to create a <Text,Text> Sequence File where the first object is
the file name or compete path and the second is the content.

Then you just call:

process_line*(*value.toString*()*, context*)*;

without having to do the StringBuffer thing.

Alex K