On 05/31/2011 10:06 AM, Xu, Richard wrote:
1 namenode, 1 datanode. Dfs.replication=3. We also tried 0, 1, 2, same
result.

*From:*Yaozhen Pan
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:34 AM
*To:* hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
*Subject:* Re: Unable to start hadoop-0.20.2 but able to start
hadoop-0.20.203 cluster

How many datanodes are in your cluster? and what is the value of
"dfs.replication" in hdfs-site.xml (if not specified, default value is
3)?

From the error log, it seems there are not enough datanodes to
replicate the files in hdfs.

在 2011 5 31 22:23,"Harsh J" <harsh@cloudera.com
Xu,

Please post the output of `hadoop dfsadmin -report` and attach the
tail of a started DN's log?