Hello,

you should see in the Web interface

http://yourDatanodeMaster:50070/
the status of your node to Decommissioning
when done, it is removed from the list of active nodes

With a huge bandwith to perform the sync, the process is very fast
so, to answer your other mail, process might be done

you can also this the status of your node via CLI

# hadoop dfsadmin -report

Name : ...
Decommission Status : <StatusOfYourNode>

Hope it helps

Arun Ramakrishnan a écrit :
Hi guys

I am a stuck in my attempt to remove nodes from hdfs.

I followed the steps in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-1125

a) add node to dfs.hosts.exclude

b) dfsadmin –refreshNodes

c) wait for decom to finish

d) remove node from both dfs.hosts and dfs.hosts.exclude

But after step a) and b) how do I know if decommission is complete.

I am in the process of decommissioning 6 nodes and don’t want to loose
any blocks ( rep factor is 3 ) with a restart.

I also opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-1290 if anyone
is interested.

Thanks

Arun