On 9 February 2013 00:25, Aaron T. Myers wrote:

. When I first tried to start up the RM, it failed to start with
this error:

And then this on shutdown:

13/02/08 16:00:31 INFO service.CompositeService: Error stopping
ResourceManager
java.lang.NullPointerException
at

org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.stop(ResourceManager.java:590)
at

org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService$CompositeServiceShutdownHook.run(CompositeService.java:122)
at

org.apache.hadoop.util.ShutdownHookManager$1.run(ShutdownHookManager.java:54)

Presumably this is because I don't have the CapacityScheduler queues
configured at all, and the default scheduler is now the CapacityScheduler.
To work around this for my testing, I switched to the FairScheduler and the
RM came up just fine.

service is assuming it came up so doesn't check its args in stop(). See

grouphdfs-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedFeb 7, '13 at 4:00a
activeFeb 11, '13 at 2:45p