On 5 December 2012 02:00, Radim Kolar wrote:
Agree. Want to write some?
Its not about writing patches, its about to get them committed. I have
experience that getting something committed takes months even on simple
patch. I have about 10 patches floating around none of them was committed
in last 4 weeks. They are really simple stuff. I haven't tried to go with
some more elaborated patch because Bible says: if you fail easy thing, you
will fail hard thing too.
There is inertia; nobody is happy with it -but that's the price of having
something that's designed to keep PB of data safe.

I am thinking day by day that i really need to fork hadoop otherwise there
is no way to move it forward where i need it to be.
A lot of the early hadoop projects chose this path. Once you get out of
sync with the apache code you have two problems
-keeping your branch up to date with all fixes and features you want.
-testing

grouphdfs-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedNov 25, '12 at 9:42p