This will be helpful. Random questions/thoughts:

* The intro should also mention that Apache owns the trademark for
"Hadoop", in addition to the copyright for its source.

* What does it mean for code changes to have "Lazy approval and then
lazy consensus"?

* Most votes- particularly on releases- take longer than 3 days in
practice. Late votes are usually permitted, as are vetos. Perhaps no
vote can pass in fewer than 3 full business days?

* Does a vetoed proposal require a new vote, or does a vote pass when
all vetos are recanted? Can new objections/vetos be raised during that
debate?

* With consensus and 2/3 majorities, a 6 month emeritus period seems
reasonable to me. However, the actions requiring them in the current
document are rare (I hope), so arguing over these details may not be
worthwhile. Surely we wouldn't move someone into that category without
first asking them if they plan to become more active in the near term.
It's important that this not be used to push people out, particularly
since the 2/3 and consensus votes may be swayed by "noticing" inactive
members.

-C