Hi -

I’m stumped on the following problem: I’m creating a FSDataOutputStream with some permissions, write to it, close it, and low and behold the permissions don’t seem to be what I set!!

Here is the whole program and its output:

Configuration xconf = new Configuration();
int numDataNodes = 1;
boolean formatNameNode = true;
String[] racks = null;
MiniDFSCluster xdfsCluster = new MiniDFSCluster(xconf, numDataNodes, formatNameNode, racks);
FileSystem xfs = xdfsCluster.getFileSystem();

FsPermission permissions = new FsPermission("750");
FSDataOutputStream out = xfs.create(new Path("test-file.txt"), permissions, true, 1024, (short)1, 1024, null);
out.writeUTF("hello");
out.close();

System.out.println("permissions= " + xfs.getFileStatus(new Path("test-file.txt")).getPermission());

Output:

permissions= rw-r-----

Frank

groupcommon-user @