On 20/07/11 07:16, Juwei Shi wrote:
Hi,

We faced a problem of loading logging class when start the name node. It
seems that hadoop can not find commons-logging-*.jar

We have tried other commons-logging-1.0.4.jar and
commons-logging-api-1.0.4.jar. It does not work!

The following are error logs from starting console:
I'd drop the -api file as it isn't needed, and as you say, avoid
duplicate versions. Make sure that log4j is at the same point in the
class hierarchy too (e.g in hadoop/lib)

to debug commons logging, tell it to log to stderr. It's useful in
emergencies

-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.diagnostics.dest=STDERR

groupcommon-user @
categorieshadoop
postedJul 20, '11 at 6:16a
activeJul 27, '11 at 10:41a